Friday, July 16, 2010

A Helping Hand


It is easier to point the finger than it is to offer a helping hand.

 
               My kids are grown and most are gone.  We home educated our children since 1980.  In 2007, the last two finally graduated from home school and entered a local junior college.  I survived and so did they. But it wasn't easy. They got sick; I got sick.  Dear husband stressed with building a business and a house on this hilltop in east Texas.

               I'm not a health guru, but I've formally studied this topic and graduated with a degree in Natural Health because I wanted healthy options for myself and my family.

                That knowledge has spilled over into other areas such as this blog.  Having taught seminars over the years on wellness, I've gleaned much from my research.  I've had those 2 AM wake-up calls to a piercing scream of a 6-month-old baby only to discover the next morning that she was suffering from an ear infection.  I've asked questions of doctors and didn't get useful answers--only the sort of answers you can pick up from a 3x5 index card.  I needed to know how to take care of my family.  Those screaming nights were not going to help me sleep so I could be any use the next day when I had to face homeschooling demands too.  It wasn't easy and I know some of you understand what I'm saying.

                So do you want to know some of the things we'll be talking about around here?  Well, here we go:


1)  Allergies - Nine Tips For Blowing Off Allergies

2)  Stress  - Five Steps to Manage Stress

3)  Raising Healthy Kids in a Fat Culture

4)  What Do Your Bloodtests Really Mean?


                 Writing articles on health and wellness continues to teach me, so through this blog, I'll attempt to bring you some of what I've learned and am continuing to learn. 

                 Your comments are welcomed. Let me know what you think and what your concerns are. That way we can learn from each other.  After all, this isn't all about me—it's about you, your health and the health of those you love.


 

Duty will do the job, but love will do it well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Crystal. Now I can post comments. So happy to see you blogging.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments, suggestions and questions are always welcomed. After all, if everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.